Monday, 3 March 2008

Phrases for Work by Speak Good English Movement

Avoid: No more blue colour.

Say: I'm sorry, we have run out of blue.



Avoid:
Dirty is it? I ask my supervisor can give cheaper or not.
Say:
Is it dirty? Let me ask my supervisor if we can sell it to you at a discount.



Avoid: If after you buy home, you cannot wear, you can return back to us.
Say:
If you find the size of the dress/shirt unsuitable, you can bring it back for an exchange.



Avoid:
Pay money first. I wrap for you.
Say: I will wrap it for you after you have paid for it.



Avoid:
I on for you, then you can hear the sound.
Say:
Let me turn it on for you so that you can hear what it sounds like.



Avoid:
Miss, you wear that skirt very nice. Come let me introduce a blouse for you.
Say:
Miss, you look nice in the skirt. May I recommend a blouse to go with it?


Avoid: Pay cash or credit card?
Say: Would you be paying by cash, NETS or credit card?


Avoid: Just see what you want.
Say: Please feel free to look around.


Avoid: Yes, what you want?
Say: Are you being served? OR How can I help you?


Avoid: How, Miss? Can wear or not?
Say: Do you like the dress, Miss? Does it fit you?


Avoid: This shoe very comfortable. I also got wear.
Say: These shoes are very comfortable. I have a similar pair.


Avoid: Today got discount. You come tomorrow, no more discount.
Say: The discount is valid for today only.


Avoid: What model you want?
Say: Which model do you prefer?


Avoid: You want to try?
Say: Would you like to try that?


Avoid: Wait, I help you find.
Say: Please wait for a while. I’ll find it for you.


Avoid: Anything more? / Any more?
Say: Would you like to get anything else?


Avoid: Very cheap already. Don’t believe, you go and see other shops.
Say: I’m afraid we cannot reduce the price any further. I do believe our prices are competitive and you can count on our reliable sales support.


Avoid: Cannot try. Dirty how?
Say: I’m sorry but we do not allow customers to try these on for hygiene reasons.


Avoid: It is like this one. Other customers also use.
Say: I’m afraid that’s how it works / that’s how it’s made. If you don’t think it’s suitable, perhaps you would like to try something else.


No comments: